Monday, September 2, 2013

Step Up Weeks 2 and 3

Welcome to grad school: there are not enough hours in the day.

The last couple weeks of small group were a little disappointing.  And by that I do not mean because of the people-the people are great (we had Cook Out and pancakes- woot woot!).  I wasn't very inspired by the clips we watch because it seemed like they didn't directly relate to the handbook we follow.  The handbook is more about ourselves-which I understood Next Step to be about- while the clips seem to be more about the church.  Not to knock it, but I find myself zoning out when listening to it. 

In a way, sadly, it's creating an opposite affect for me.  I find myself having a harder time listening and engaging because the sermon from the recent clips sound more like a "Welcome to our church, here are some stats" kind of thing.  I know the stats, I know the church.  But I'm still wondering what God wants my next step to be.  That's the whole point really.  Maybe I'm not seeing it yet.  Maybe all those numbers will involve me in some way and maybe that's through service. 

I hate to say this, but I'm struggling that the church I love is a megachurch.  Because lately, it feels like a megachurch. And maybe it's not them, maybe it's a weird thing with me right now.  I often hear that the devil loves to get us distracted.  Maybe I'm distracted.

Hm.

No comments:

Post a Comment