Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Recap

Easter is my favorite holiday with the family.  It's more relaxing than Christmas or Thanksgiving and the desserts are always better for some reason.  We set up the field in the back of Meme's house with tables, blankets, and umbrellas.  We'll eat the family gathering essentials then play games.  The kids hunt for eggs and swing at a pinata.  The babies nap.  The kids and adults play three legged race and egg toss.  There was even some singing and guitar picking this year.  It's a lot of fun and the weather is usually great.

Unfortunately I did not get to participate this year.  Here's what I ended up doing all day:


That's right.  In bed, sick with the flu.  At least I had the dogs to keep me company.  Even Simon and Stella stopped by.  Henry is hiding behind Cedar and was not excited about more dogs in the house (he is use to getting all the attention).  I didn't notice before Mama said it, but I look like I'm pregnant with triplets.  To clarify, that's my moose pillow pet over my stomach under the blanket.  And my legs are twisted funny to accommodate the dogs, of course.

 I wasn't completely without human interaction because someone was always stopping by to check on me.  I've got some good eggs in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment