Saturday, February 23, 2013

Right brain

Aside from the big horse drawing (now painting...shoot me), I've not spent a lot of time making any new art.  I realize that this would be a great time to work on some drawings but I'm so intimidated by it.  I would like to have a drawing style that is unique to me but I don't know where or how to start so I've not started at all.  I think that might get me somewhere.  The pressure to make something so great is just so scary that I've put it off.  I know I know, that's stupid and all I have to do is start and it will come from there.  I'm my biggest obstacle when it comes to my creative side. 

On the one really nice day we've had lately, I walked the dogs down to my favorite spot in the back woods and stumbled across some rolled up barbed wire leftover from fashioning fences.  I'm thinking that it could be useful for something sculptural.  Or maybe mixed media, including some drawing that I can slowly work my way in to. 

Seems like I'm now using this blog as my soundboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment