Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hotel Home

Working at the hotel has been a good, not great, job.  I spend most of my time folding towels and looking up things on youtube and pinterest.  My house has gotten prettier because of it.  The coolest part about this job is getting to meet people.  People usually aren't my favorite but I've had some great experiences with them at the hotel.  When I walk the halls, I think, one, there are so many smells in this place and two, it's cool that we are all under the same roof living together at this moment.  I imagine if something happened where we were all stuck here, who would make it and who would crack under the pressure?  A bigger version of Big Brother I guess. Some folks been staying here since I started in October, others are in and out throughout the month. 

Some things I have discovered:
Any military group is usually down to party and will ask you to join them when you go to their room to tell them to quiet down.  And if you decline, they'll want to know where the closest bar is and when you get off.  But hey, I couldn't say I wouldn't want to live it up before I was about to leave for a land of sand either.

A lot of folks with "Dr." or "Platinum Member" ahead of their name are surprisingly down to earth.  There is still the occassional snob that will throw one of their credit cards down on the counter at you and expect you to "just take care of it" in .5 seconds.

Old ladies have no limits.  If there is something they need and they think it might be in the breakfast kitchen, they have no problem walking in and going through all the cabinets to find it.

It's almost impossible to explain what a ladybug is to a Saudi Arabian.


No comments:

Post a Comment