Sunday, February 12, 2012

Still Searching

Daniel and I visited another church this Sunday, a Presbyterian this time. The church folks were oh so friendly, the pastor invited us to Santa Fe for lunch. Which would have been extremely awkward. He said, "Don't book out of here! Stick around and think about it!" So what did we do? Booked it out of there and had leftovers for lunch.

I've learned that finding a church is not easy. It would be fine to choose somewhere that made me content, but I'm looking for a little more than that. Daniel says I'm looking for the perfect place with the perfect people and the perfect message and it just doesn't exist. He might be the realist but I'm willing to try out a different church every Sunday until I find one that meets my needs. I also do not believe there is such a thing as the perfect anything. However, I'm hoping and praying to find a church that still uses a hymnal, has people around my age that meet during the week, and preaches a message that isn't redundant of the scripture that's read before the message. Maybe a contemporary sermon in a traditional service. Something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment