Sunday, February 19, 2012

Necessary Rainy Sunday


This past week was exhausting. I've been in a terrible routine of staying up late working on my sculpture and therefore have been having such a hard time sleeping or waking up. Now that it's finished I plan on being in bed at my usual time of 9. The finished piece did not turn out 100% how I imagined so I'm a little bummed that it's not perfect. To give myself some credit, I usually feel that way about any piece I do. The good news is that I can always go back and make it better.


My Granny Irby isn't expected to live much longer. She's 98 and has been in a nursing home for a few years. Last weekend they predicted Wednesday but she's still going strong, eating ice cream. Which I think would be a pretty great way to pass: Lying comfortably in bed eating ice cream with your children and grandchildren around you. When I was little, I remember going to her house with my Meme' and cousins. She lived in a trailer next to my great Aunt Diane's out in the country. We used to color in coloring books and play Uno. She didn't have the normal crayola size crayons, she had the bigger ones that were thick and impossible to break. You could competition color with those things. Her house was warm and it always seemed like it rained when we were there. I don't remember too much about her personality, but I do remember there being a lot of laughter in that trailer.


Saturday morning I went to the hometown for an online baby shower for cousin Jaime in CO. We sent all the gifts to her mom's house so Jaime came over and, "Surprise!" there we were on the computer and her gifts wrapped in the room.


Later at lunch, Aunt J said, "So, you think you'll be getting a ring and a baby next? It's about time." So I poured tea all over her head and walked out of the restaraunt.


Not really. But in my Ally McBeal mind I did.













No comments:

Post a Comment