Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer birds and books

Got up, had coffee on the patio, and did some discovering in the backyard.  
I've been itching for a new place.  So this morning I thought it'd be a good idea to reconsider my home and rediscover the things I love and appreciate about it. 
Eggs in the real fern.
I love this little shed.  It's so charming and captures the aesthetic of the whole home and yard.
We've got baby birds in the fake fern again this year.
Side note pertaining to nature: We saw a king snake last night while walking Bailey.  Heebie jeebies!

New goal for the summer: read a book a week.  I've started the stack of books on my bedside table on and off all year.  Now that I've got the time, I want to complete all of these plus some:
Sex God, Rob Bell
Love Wins, Rob Bell
Jesus Wants to Save Christians, Rob Bell
Traveling Mercies, Anne Lamott
Daybook, Anne Truitt
Brideshead Revisited, Evelyn Waugh
On the Road, Jack Kerouac
Why be Happy When You Could be Normal, Jeanette Winterson


No comments:

Post a Comment