Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Why October is the Best Month

As I write about how wonderful fall is, the colorful leaves, the cool weather, it's forecasted to be about 85 again today.  Nevertheless, October truly is the best.  At some point everyone declared that it was the appropriate time for festivals, fires, and food.  

In Anderson, we have a place called Denver Downs.  It's a local farm during the year but come the end of September it becomes a huge corn maze equipped with all things fall.  Including a pumpkin patch, bonfires with smore's, trail ride, barn dances, cornhole, and an animal petting zoo. This year that had several games, the best one being a big trampoline style bouncy that came out of the ground.  It's amazing how jumping with all your might for five minutes can make you feel like you've done a triathlon. 

The night we went, there were two baby goats that had been born the day before.  There's something about being "baby" that just fills my heart with desire to cuddle it and make it love me.  It's the same with animals and humans.
 

You know what sand boxes are?  They had corn boxes.  While our friends were jumping on hay-bails, I was bury Christopher with corn while the kids watched.

 About this time last year, Christopher and I had one of our first dates at Skytop Orchard in Flatrock, NC.  When we went it was a foggy, cold day without another human in sight.  Last week we experienced the exact opposite.  It was a beautiful, warm day with hundreds of people there.  I could have done without all of the people in the apple shed being herded to pay for their jam and bushel of apples.  So we waited in the outside line for the doughnuts while our friends did that.



The Cataffi's lead our Thursday night homegroup.  We've been close to them ever since we've been together. They are our go to couple when it comes to doing fun stuff.  They also introduced me to Settlers of Catan, which I will always be grateful for!


 The month couldn't finish any sweeter than with the wedding of my dearest Ember. I am SO excited for this coming Saturday!  It's too bad I deleted Instagram so I can't share my pictures anymore.  Maybe my former "followers" will stumble across the blog.  I don't know how I'll function without "likes" though...!

No comments:

Post a Comment