Monday, February 24, 2014

Getting Your Picture Taken is Awkward

Stigall and I had a big day yesterday.  After our first premarital financial counseling at church in the morning, we made the long drive to S-town.  Aunt Jules is a great photographer so she offered to do some engagement photos for us.  This is pure torture for both of us since we don't like getting our picture taken.  Stigall doesn't mind it as much, especially if he doesn't have to be serious about it.  I, however, loathe it entirely.  I grew up with my mom taking pictures of everything I ever did.  Every first day of school, every day I drove when I turned 15, every time I wore a dress, every time I blew my nose.  Unfortunately with smart phones, her obsession with capturing every little thing has gotten worse.  Yesterday she took pictures while I was explaining what cake flavor we wanted.  It also makes it harder when you're being told to pose lovingly in an unnatural position and in an environment that you would never act like that in.  At one point Jules said, "You act like you don't want to be doing this!" to which we immediately responded, "We don't!  Mama is making us!"  

All that to say, the ones Stigall and I liked the best are the ones where we were making phone of the cliche engagement photos or were talking about how uncomfortable we were.  Here are our favorites:









No comments:

Post a Comment