Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Peace Especially

Since I've stopped running and love to eat, I needed to start doing something good for my body.  I've recently started going to The Yogatorium.  (If I knew how to hyperlink the website I would do that but I don't.)  The owner of this yoga studio out in the middle of nowhere is Ms. Jackie.  She is 80 years old and amazing.  Not only can she stretch better than my 25 year old self (she's been doing yoga for 40 years), she is a retired professor from Clemson.  She's someone that you just want to be around so you can soak up her wisdom and peacefulness.

Unfortunately she's out of town for the next two weeks so I'm left to yoga for myself.  That sounds weirder than I meant for it to.  I don't have the peace and patience to really concentrate on poses and breathing so I try to set up a calm environment thinking that might help.  I'm getting in to the routine of reading some scripture in the morning and then setting my mat out in front of the window and having "quiet time" to stretch my body and clear my head.  I really need the head clearing part because the tension in my neck won't let me look all the way to the right. 

 
The morning wetness and abundant green hue outside made for a peaceful setting.  However, I have a not so peaceful dog that wanted to do some yoga too.


Looks like his stuffed monkey is trying some sort of pose in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment